We are thrilled to announce CHDC’s 2016 Photo Contest/Horse Calendar, in honour of CHDC Director Marie Dean – all proceeds will benefit the work of the Canadian Horse Defence Coalition. Marie’s horses, Johnny and Candy, will be featured in the calendar as well.
The 12-month calendars will be available from our store at Café Press, where other CHDC merchandise is also available, in time for the holiday season. And the friends of the CHDC will have an opportunity to have their horses represented in the calendar! So if you have funny pics, beautiful photos of your horses in motion, successfully rehabbed horses, photos of wildies, or much loved horses that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge, please send them in for consideration!
The Rules for submitting photos:
- Images can be colour or black and white, and should be taken on a high resolution camera. Images should be at least 300 ppi/dpi, without watermarks or other markings that identify the photographer.
- Entries should include a short description of the horse including his/her name, province and a paragraph about the horse.
- We reserve the right to crop or tonally adjust any photo
- By submitting a photo including minor children or animals you do not own, you acknowledge that you have permission to include pictures of them when you submit the release.
- You must own the photo rights and the photos must not infringe on someone else’s copyright
- Professional pictures are welcome!
- Only digital entries will be accepted. Sorry, we cannot accept print entries
- You may only enter a maximum of 3 photos
- Entries should be emailed as .jpeg files to firstname.lastname@example.org – the release form, found here MUST accompany your pictures. Entries will not be considered without it. (The form opens in Microsoft Word format).
- Participants must reside in Canada
- You must be of 18 years of age or older in order to submit a photo
- The CHDC board of directors will determine the winning selections for each month.
- Entrants will be deemed to have understood the above rules and agree to be bound by them when submitting photos
- Deadlines: your photo submission must be received by September 15, 2015
- Photos chosen for the calendar will be notified by November 1, 2015 – we will publish the winners names in a subsequent CHDC blog as well.