The CHDC will be at the
Iron Horse Equestrian Complex
Canada’s Outdoor Equine Expo
June 8, 9, 10, 2012
On behalf of the entire team behind Canada’s Outdoor Equine Expo, we are pleased to invite you to three exceptional days this June filled with demonstrations, clinics, education, shopping & entertainment.
From June 8th to 10th, 2012 the third annual Canada’s Outdoor Equine Expo will bring together experts from across the North American horse community to better benefit you & your horse. Whether you are interested in Hunter Clinics with Kim Kirton, Dressage with Jane Savoie, Western demonstrations, heavy horses or The Extreme Cowboy Race™ with Craig Cameron, there is something for every horse lover, rider & owner.
There is no other event that gives you full access to so many world-class clinics, demonstrations & shopping. Our outdoor setting at Iron Horse Equestrian Complex allows our clinicians to be interactive and hands-on with horses during their sessions. You can enjoy shopping in the Equine Market and, whether you’re a seasoned competitor or just getting started, there is a lot to learn from the diverse programming schedule our team has created.
CLINCIANS & SPEAKERS:
• Understanding Pre- and Post-Event Horse Therapy
• The Extreme Cowboy RaceTM
• Reining 101
• Trailer Loading Made Easy
• Patterns for Success
• Colt Starting
• Innate HorsemanshipTM
– Communicating Beyond Words with Equine LingoTM
• Equine Nutrition – Feeding Horses in Today’s Economy
• Jumper/Hunter Clinics – Keeping It Simple
DR. AMY JORDAN
• Equine Metabolic Syndrome (EMS)
MICHAEL PAUL HUGHES
• Solving Stall Vices
– Cribbing, Weaving & Stall Walk
• Hunter and Hunter Derby Clinics
• Introducing the Horse to Cross-Country
ROSS MILLAR GROUP
• Build A Cowboy/Cowgirl School
• Understanding the Barefoot Horse and Natural Hoof Care
ROPING ASSOCIATION OF ONTARIO
AND ONTARIO RODEO ASSOCIATION
• Live Rodeo Roping Demo
– Horsepower vs. Horsepower & Interactive Roping Display
• Horsemanship for Women
– Improving Performance and Solving Problems Through Leadership
• Sidesaddle Connection
• Dressage: Getting Started on a Solid Foundation
• Collection (Otherwise Known As Self-Carriage)
• The Training Scale Part 1 – Rhythm, Suppleness and Connection
• The Training Scale Part 2 – Impulsion, Straightness and Collection
• Introduction to Lateral Work
KELLY SPENCER AND DARRYL MACARTHUR
• “RACE DAY” Screening
Kelly (Marketing & Communications Manager) and Darryl (TV Host) from Grand River Raceway will lead the discussion as RACE DAY Producer and Associate Producer respectively.
SUNRISE THERAPEUTIC RIDING & LEARNING CENTRE
• Therapeutic Riding – A Gift for Rider & Volunteer
DR. BRUCE WATT
• Colic – The Inside View
Equine Industry / Education Options
This panel features experts from different streams of equine education that prepare students for a profession in the equine industry – a perfect tool for enthusiasts when considering educational pathways that can help turn a passion for horses into a career with horses.
Trends and Issues Influencing the Equine Industry
Topics like the potential crash of Ontario’s horse racing industry, natural horse keeping & competition safety are all hot issues. Become engaged with these industry experts to glean their perspective on what is influencing the horse business.
CHDC WILL BE HERE
The Equine Market
Two areas packed with EXHIBITORS & shopping opportunities!
Friday, June 8 1pm-6pm
Saturday, June 9 10am-6pm
Sunday, June 10 10am-5pm
Iron Horse Equestrian Complex is an internationally recognized equestrian facility. This multi-disciplinary facility is conveniently nestled betweenMilton andBurlington. Located on 117 acres of rolling hills, woodlands and watercourses, this facility features:
• 3 indoor arenas
• 7 outdoor sand rings
• Largest Grand Prix Ring in Eastern Canada
• Over 200 horse stalls
5244 No. 1 Sideroad
Burlington, ON L7M 1T9
North of Hwy. #5 betweenTremaine Roadand Appleby Line.
Access fromTremaine Roadonly.