In this Reuters news story today, it’s reported that the French now consume less than 300 grams (0.66 lbs) of horsemeat per person per year, a fifth of what they ate 30 years ago and less than 1 percent of the total meat they consume. While fans say horsemeat is high in iron and more organic than mass-produced beef or battery hens, horse butchers are now a rarity.
At the end of the article is a poll asking, Would You Eat Horsemeat? At the time of this posting, the NOs are the majority at 72%.
Petitions Summer 2013
Please donate to help us end horse slaughter
- via @HuffPostGreen 2 weeks ago
- Heritage status sought to protect Alberta’s wild horses edmontonjournal.com/news/alberta/H… via @edmontonjournal 2 weeks ago
- Equine Traceability Being Re-Launched in Canada? wp.me/p2mXR0-19F via @HClemenceau 4 weeks ago
- Ex-inspector has concerns about horse slaughter plan abqjournal.com/main/2013/05/2… via @ABQJournal 4 weeks ago
- Reno woman undertakes 450-mile solo trail ride to raise awareness of wild horses in Nevada rgj.com/article/201305… 1 month ago
Who we’re following